Quality Engineer - EIT
Be a part of saving lives
The Road to your rewarding career starts here!
ACS is the leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of ignition interlocks, breath alcohol testers and drug testing products.
We are constantly looking to add team members who are ambitious, creative, committed and passionate about their work – people just like you! Take the next step in your career and join a team that listens to your ideas and makes them a reality.
Quality Engineer - EIT
We are currently looking for a Quality Engineer - EIT for our Toronto, Ontario office, located minutes away from the Pearson Airport. The Quality Engineer is responsible to participate in assigned quality planning processes to achieve continuous improvement in quality, productivity and cost. Support and participate in APQP activities and trials.
- Support the assessment of effectiveness of the quality system through on-going product, process and activity audits; recommend changes to the systems where the systems are not effective.
- Review FTT and PPM indices, process capability indicators, GR&R’s; assist in making recommendation and changes to systems, procedures, work instructions and training content to improve quality, productivity and reduce cost
- Participate in APQP activities for Quality and Manufacturing from inception of the product until the successful implementation
- Enable customer contact through Product Development
- Working with Engineering to develop the manufacturing process for new products
- Apply Lean Manufacturing principles in new product development
- Drive corrective action process (8D's) and validate effectiveness of implemented actions
- Coordinating the containment and disposition of non-conforming materials
- Works closely with Materials, Engineering and Production to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may effect quality and delivery requirements
- Assist in Quality System Audits as related to IATF 16949, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Strong problem solving ability - support Continuous Improvement activities and projects.
- Strong time management and communication skills. Excellent analytical, statistical and interpretive skills
- Ensure personal work area is tidy and provide a safe environment for working.
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary
- May have to lift as much as 30 pounds sporadically.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Eligible for professional licencing by Professional Engineers Ontario or Registration as an E.I.T with PEO
- Familiarity with IPC 610 standard is an asset
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Internal Auditor Training
- IATF16949 Internal Audit Experience is an Asset
- Experience in interpretation of blueprints/specifications, metrology, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation
- Working knowledge of 8D and AIAG PPAP requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, SAP, Minitab
- Six Sigma certification is a definite asset
On-Site Training Requirements:
- Quality Management Policies and Procedures
- Health & Safety
Why Should You Apply?
We embrace diversity:As an international company, our workforce reflects the diversity of the international community.
Respect:We believe in ethical standards, core values, and maintaining positive, respectful relationships.
Learn:We encourage continuous learning, development and career growth.
Collaborate:We are a diverse and close-knit group. We combine different experiences with distinct backgrounds and strive to ensure your voices are heard.
- Invest in your future
- Care for your health
- Continue to learn
- Employee Assistance Program
- Rewards for Innovation
- Long Term Service Awards
Ready to get started?